Guide To Landlords Fees
Letting Only - 50% of the first months rent
(subject to a minimum charge of £550)
- Finding a suitable tenant and negotiating on any offers
- Professional referencing and credit checks on prospective tenant/s
- Completing Government Right to Rent Document/ID checks
- Preparing a legally approved Tenancy Agreement - Assured Shorthold or Company Agreement as appropriate
- Collecting and registering the Tenant's Deposit in a Government Approved Scheme
- Arranging a professional Inventory and Check in (if required)
- Arranging a Gas Safety Certificate (if required)
- Arranging an Energy Performance Certificate (if required)
- Arranging cleaning prior to commencement of the tenancy (if required)
- Transfer of utilities into the tenants name
- Collection of first month's rent
Fully Managed - 10% pcm
This is the service that most of our clients choose as it provides complete piece of mind from start to finish. Our fully managed service is designed precisely so you do not have to worry as we will be your tenant’s prime point of contact. Our fully managed service usually includes all of the above including the extra ones mentioned below.
- Transfer of utilities into the tenants name and between tenancies
- Rent Collection
- Regular Inspections by our own staff
- Dealing with general maintenance and emergencies whilst the property is occupied by the tenant
- Managing routine maintenance between tenancies
- Managing and updating Energy Performance Certificates, Gas Safety Certificates etc., to meet ever changing Government requirements and legislation
- Negotiating Tenancy Renewals
Other Fees and Charges:
Fire Safety Checks - £25 – A smoke alarm must be fitted on every storey of a building, and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance by Law. On your request we can arrange an engineer to attend the property to check any smoke/carbon monoxide alarms present and / or to install any missing smoke / carbon monoxide alarm. This does not include the cost of the work by the engineer.
PAT (Portable Appliance Testing Certificate) - £55 - (minimum of 10 appliances, additional charged at £6 each) On your request we can arrange PAT for you which you are required to have by Law before we can take a property on for Letting.
EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) - £65 -On your request we can arrange an EPC for you which you are required to have by Law before we can take a property on for Letting.
Legionella Risk Assessment Certificate - £75 - On your request we can arrange a LRA for you at the property to ensure compliance and produce a certificate.
Gas Safety Certificate - £125 - On your request we can arrange for a registered gas engineer to attend the property and ensure all gas appliances are safe and produce a certificate.
Electrical Safety Certificate - £150 - On your request we can arrange for a registered electrician to attend the property and ensure electrical safety and produce a certificate.
Inventory Check Out Fee £80 - Arrange a time between the tenant and landlord to be present at the checkout. Arrange for inventory clerk to carry out fully detailed report and comment on any deductions they feel are necessary. Also includes the return of the tenant's deposit minus any deductions.
Rent Guarantee Insurance £300 - to cover loss of rent and protect landlords’ income subject to conditions.
Legal Expenses Insurance £300 - to cover a number of situations.
*All fees quoted exclude VAT which will be charged at the current rate of 20%
Speak with us today about how we can help you achieve the best possible rental for your property.